Thursday, August 4, 2011

Time and Space

I Heart Huckabees: “Have you ever transcended space and time?”

A great line. A quirky line. A quirky line from a quirky movie. However, this line comes to me now as I think about my amazing friends. I am currently in Las Vegas visiting friends I haven’t seen in over a year; however, as we sat, ate, chatted, and laughed tonight, it might have been a week or a  day since we were doing the same thing. It seems that the only judge of time is their beautiful little boy, now eleven months old (last time I “saw” him, he was in-utero).  He is this living, breathing representation of how quickly life progresses.

I am sure I am not the only one who experiences this. We all have that friend or those friends that allow us to transcend time, sometimes space, but mostly time. It truly is a wondrous thing to know that regardless of how much stuff gets sandwiched between visits, we pick up where we left off: instantly comfortable, content, and ready to make new memories.
So, next time your existential detective asks you if you’ve transcended time, you can say, of course, I have friends. Really, it’s science, and there’s no use arguing science.

P.S. To those friends I haven’t seen in a while, can’t wait to bend the concepts of physics with you.

Originally written: 7/27/11

2 comments:

  1. "So, next time your existential detective asks you if you’ve transcended time, you can say, of course, I have friends."

    Beautiful, flawless wording, friend! Love that line :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess experiences changes our perspective, because my mind has gone to completely different places when transcending space and time.

    As always, you have a way about you. Things that would take others through the belly of the beast on a rollercoaster of darkness and drug filled emotions, you see as a beautiful walk in a field of butterflies and Sunshine.

    Love your point of view. I’m not going to comment on the fact that you were in Vegas. Really I’m NOT.

    ReplyDelete