Thursday, October 20, 2016

I Cannot Do Both

The last couple weeks have been a bit rough, not horrible, just definitely not smooth.

My teaching has been interrupted by minimum days, assemblies, testing, and drills (and I’ve felt under-informed as to the logistics of most of this until the last possible moment). My poor little Pip (my cute little car) is currently in the shop being repaired because someone in a hurry decided they needed to be in my lane, you know, regardless of the fact I was already there and two objects cannot exist in the same space at the same time. Plus, said driver has yet (I emphasize YET because I am still hopeful) to take responsibility for his action (or at least his insurance company hasn’t) and the damage is such that fault is ambiguous. My deductible? Not as low as one would hope. There were many witnesses. None stopped.

Physically I’ve not been sick, but I’ve been so very tired.

In all this, I was reminded of something I saw on Project Wow’s Instagram page: You can Worry or you can Worship. You cannot do both.

Granted the things I’ve listed are not life altering; in the grand scheme of life, they are a blip – I know this. Logically.

So, when I start to rehearse possible confrontations with claim adjusters or get upset my plans for the week were derailed or stress to make sure I get everything done, I stop. I breathe. I let go of my sense of control. I pray about the unknown. I let God handle it. (He’s so much better at it anyway.)


I choose to worship.

5 comments:

  1. Quite beautiful, Shannon. I hope all your wrinkles are smoothed out shortly. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. I've no doubt there will be smoother seas ahead...or at least I'll be a better sailor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this a while back and it impacted me. Lastingly. I've thought of these wise words many times since then & have today come back to absorb them more deeply. It's needed. Shannon, thank you for sharing this truth and helping me, from a distance, to better know and commune with God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much for the encouragement, Anonymous.

      Delete