Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Unending Joy? Yes, Please.

Tight budgets (personal and professional), papers that need grades, tests and lessons that need creating, AP tests, meetings, curriculum, and on and on it goes, where it stops....JUNE!!!  (Okay, the personal budget actually gets a bit tighter, but hey...). In the midst of stress and things beyond my control, I am blessed to remember that all is good and not just because June is on the horizon.

The world spins wildly out of control, but I've read the Book; I know how it ends; therefore, I can breathe deep and exhale all that negative energy; simply bask in the comfort that my God is in control. Finding rest in that, I realize, should be continuous, but I must be honest. I, in all the melee of life, can forget that little, life-altering, life-affirming fact. Ever-so-gently, however, God is blanketing me in that reassurance.

So today, as people cut you off, bosses breathe down your neck, kids demand all your attention (and perhaps patience), remember that you are a child of the Most High God. Remember that if he knows when a little, itty, bitty sparrow falls, he knows and (more importantly) cares about you, down to the minutia of your day.

And so, in the profound words of a friend: Stay Positive Folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment