Thursday, March 11, 2010

A bit of a cheat really...

Okay, my double dog dare me buddy not only matched my blog, but he one upped it by already having two posts. Both fun and entertaining. Dang it. So, as is my nature, I am forced to post again. However, my confession is this: I am pulling from something that I have previously written. It is a poem in prose (untitled) that I wrote quite a few years ago, but few have actually seen it. Of course, since I have two followers (hello), few will still see it. Huh, comforting. Well here it goes:

I remember the day in a hazy arrangement of specific detailed emotions, those of confusion and sadness. A sunny, slightly breezy, spring Sunday, my dad and his friend were filling the back fo a strange pick up truck with chairs and clothes and furniture that wasn't suppose to be moved - my dad's work desk and his computer, the one we could never touch. When no more could fit in the truck, my dad kissed my forehead and walked away; I looked to my mother, but instead of her usual smile, she turned her tear stained face towards the house and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment