Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Kew Gardens

From the smallest greenhouse - the lilypad house
The Royal Botanical Gardens in Kew was absolutely breathtaking. I spent a wonderful 6 and 1/2 hours wondering around the enormous grounds.
The Rock Garden - Prettiest Rock Garden I ever did see
From incredible views atop the Treetop Walk (I posted a collage on my instagram if you are so inclined to view), to the seemingly endless park space, to the Georgian House and Kitchen, this place was so worth the price of admission. 


All that time walking around, thinking of everything and nothing all at once - simply taking in the beauty of God's creation (wonderfully manicured by the staff at Kew).

I even got my paintbrush wet, and even though it was only a few dips of color, it was a nice exercise. 

As always, I find myself planning on taking this with me when I go home - to explore the beauty close (or semi-close) to home and really take my time to explore it - to savor whatever it is that makes it beautiful.

Also, I realized that a good pair of shoes is essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment