Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sunday Service Comfort

Today I attended Hillsong London (Dominion Theatre), and it was incredibly refreshing to my spirit. Not only was the worship great - though that's not surprising since it is Hillsong - the message was inspiring and the people welcoming.

The message was about worship, real worship, and how it isn't an external exercise but an internal one; it is a posture of the heart. In everything we do, we can worship because in everything we do, we can give God the glory. When we work, shop, eat, love, we are reflecting our relationship with God (for better or worse).

Now, if I find I am being short-tempered or self-centered, I can surmise that I am probably not spending enough time in the presence and in the love of God. What better way to live than to be so filled with love that it cannot but help to pour out to those around us? What better way to live than to be secure in the knowledge that the God of the universe loves you wholly? After all, isn't that what it means to live a life more abundantly?

I love being reminded that my walk with the Lord isn't a checklist of behaviors, but rather it is getting to know Him more and more. It is understanding this closeness is the true catalyst for interal and eternal changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment